- 1. fire, flame, flaming, combustion, burning
- usage: the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke; "fire was one of our ancestors' first discoveries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flare, flame, shine, beam
- usage: shine with a sudden light; "The night sky flared with the massive bombardment"
- 2. flame, burn, combust
- usage: be in flames or aflame; "The sky seemed to flame in the Hawaiian sunset"
- 3. flame, chastise, castigate, objurgate, chasten, correct
- usage: criticize harshly, usually via an electronic medium; "the person who posted an inflammatory message got flamed"
All rights reserved.
See also: flame (Dictionary)