- 1. royal poinciana, flamboyant, flame tree, peacock flower, Delonix regia, Poinciana regia, angiospermous tree, flowering tree
- usage: showy tropical tree or shrub native to Madagascar; widely planted in tropical regions for its immense racemes of scarlet and orange flowers; sometimes placed in genus Poinciana
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flamboyant, showy, splashy, ostentatious (vs. unostentatious), pretentious
- usage: marked by ostentation but often tasteless; "a cheap showy rhinestone bracelet"; "a splashy half-page ad"
- 2. aureate, florid, flamboyant, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: elaborately or excessively ornamented; "flamboyant handwriting"; "the senator's florid speech"
All rights reserved.
See also: flamboyant (Dictionary)