WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fixate, bind, tie, attach, bond
- usage: attach (oneself) to a person or thing in a neurotic way; "He fixates on his mother, even at the age of 40"
- 2. fixate, attend, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear
- usage: pay attention to exclusively and obsessively; "The media are fixating on Princess Diana's death"
- 3. fixate, fix, attach
- usage: make fixed, stable or stationary; "let's fix the picture to the frame"
- 4. fixate, settle on, freeze, stop dead
- usage: become fixed (on); "Her eyes fixated on a point on the horizon"
All rights reserved.
See also: fixate (Dictionary)