Synonyms of first base
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. first base, base, bag
- usage: the base that must be touched first by a base runner in baseball
- 2. first base, first, position
- usage: the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
- 3. first base, first step, initiative, opening move, opening
- usage: the initial stage in accomplishing something; "we didn't get to first base with that approach"
All rights reserved.