Synonyms of fired
- 1. open fire, fire, blast, shoot
- usage: start firing a weapon
- 2. fire, discharge
- usage: cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
- 3. fire, bake
- usage: bake in a kiln so as to harden; "fire pottery"
- 4. displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate, remove
- usage: terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
- 5. fire, discharge, go off
- usage: go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
- 6. fire, chase away, drive out, turn back, drive away, dispel, drive off, run off
- usage: drive out or away by or as if by fire; "The soldiers were fired"; "Surrender fires the cold skepticism"
- 7. arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke, make, create
- usage: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
- 8. burn, fire, burn down, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
- 9. fuel, fire, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with fuel; "Oil fires the furnace"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discharged, dismissed, fired, laid-off, pink-slipped, unemployed (vs. employed)
- usage: having lost your job
All rights reserved.