- 1. fingerprint, mark, print, biometric identification, biometric authentication, identity verification
- usage: a print made by an impression of the ridges in the skin of a finger; often used for biometric identification in criminal investigations
- 2. fingerprint, identification
- usage: a generic term for any identifying characteristic; "that tax bill had the senator's fingerprints all over it"
- 3. fingermark, fingerprint, smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur
- usage: a smudge made by a (dirty) finger
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fingerprint, reproduce
- usage: take an impression of a person's fingerprints
All rights reserved.
See also: fingerprint (Dictionary)