- 1. finger, thumb, touch
- usage: feel or handle with the fingers; "finger the binding of the book"
- 2. feel, finger
- usage: examine by touch; "Feel this soft cloth!"; "The customer fingered the sweater"
- 3. finger, search, seek, look for
- usage: search for on the computer; "I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
- 4. finger, indicate, point, designate, show
- usage: indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fingered (vs. fingerless), digitate, fingerlike
- usage: having or resembling a finger or fingers; often used in combination; "the fingered roots of giant trees"; "rosy-fingered"; "three-fingered cartoon characters"
All rights reserved.
See also: fingered (Dictionary)