- 1. finger, digit, dactyl, extremity
- usage: any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb); "her fingers were long and thin"
- 2. finger, fingerbreadth, finger's breadth, digit, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
- 3. finger, covering
- usage: one of the parts of a glove that provides covering for a finger or thumb
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. finger, thumb, touch
- usage: feel or handle with the fingers; "finger the binding of the book"
- 2. feel, finger
- usage: examine by touch; "Feel this soft cloth!"; "The customer fingered the sweater"
- 3. finger, search, seek, look for
- usage: search for on the computer; "I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
- 4. finger, indicate, point, designate, show
- usage: indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
All rights reserved.
See also: finger (Dictionary)