- 1. five, 5, V, cinque, quint, quintet, fivesome, quintuplet, pentad, fin, Phoebe, Little Phoebe, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of four and one
- 2. tail fin, tailfin, fin, decoration, ornament, ornamentation
- usage: one of a pair of decorations projecting above the rear fenders of an automobile
- 3. louver, louvre, fin, slat, spline
- usage: one of a set of parallel slats in a door or window to admit air and reject rain
- 4. flipper, fin, shoe
- usage: a shoe for swimming; the paddle-like front is an aid in swimming (especially underwater)
- 5. fin, stabilizer, stabiliser
- usage: a stabilizer on a ship that resembles the fin of a fish
- 6. fin, extremity, appendage, member
- usage: organ of locomotion and balance in fishes and some other aquatic animals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fin, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: equip (a car) with fins
- 2. fin, swim
- usage: propel oneself through the water in a finning motion
- 3. fin, break water, swim
- usage: show the fins above the water while swimming; "The sharks were finning near the surface"
All rights reserved.
See also: fin (Dictionary)