- 1. filter, device
- usage: device that removes something from whatever passes through it
- 2. filter, electrical device
- usage: an electrical device that alters the frequency spectrum of signals passing through it
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. filter, filtrate, strain, separate out, filter out, separate
- usage: remove by passing through a filter; "filter out the impurities"
- 2. percolate, sink in, permeate, filter, penetrate, perforate
- usage: pass through; "Water permeates sand easily"
- 3. trickle, dribble, filter, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: run or flow slowly, as in drops or in an unsteady stream; "water trickled onto the lawn from the broken hose"; "reports began to dribble in"
All rights reserved.
See also: filter (Dictionary)