- 1. movie, film, picture, moving picture, moving-picture show, motion picture, motion-picture show, picture show, pic, flick, show, product, production
- usage: a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; "they went to a movie every Saturday night"; "the film was shot on location"
- 2. film, cinema, celluloid, medium
- usage: a medium that disseminates moving pictures; "theater pieces transferred to celluloid"; "this story would be good cinema"; "film coverage of sporting events"
- 3. film, photographic film, photographic paper, photographic material
- usage: photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies
- 4. film, object, physical object
- usage: a thin coating or layer; "the table was covered with a film of dust"
- 5. film, plastic film, sheet, flat solid, wrapping, wrap, wrapper
- usage: a thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. film, shoot, take, record, enter, put down
- usage: make a film or photograph of something; "take a scene"; "shoot a movie"
- 2. film, record, enter, put down, make, create
- usage: record in film; "The coronation was filmed"
All rights reserved.
See also: film (Dictionary)