Synonyms of fill in
- 1. stand-in, substitute, relief, reliever, backup, backup man, fill-in, peer, equal, match, compeer
- usage: someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult); "the star had a stand-in for dangerous scenes"; "we need extra employees for summer fill-ins"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fill in, inform
- usage: supply with information on a specific topic; "He filled me in on the latest developments"
- 2. shade, fill in, draw, paint
- usage: represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- 3. substitute, sub, stand in, fill in, exchange, change, interchange
- usage: be a substitute; "The young teacher had to substitute for the sick colleague"; "The skim milk substitutes for cream--we are on a strict diet"
- 4. complete, fill out, fill in, make out
- usage: write all the required information onto a form; "fill out this questionnaire, please!"; "make out a form"
All rights reserved.