- 1. filibuster, filibusterer, legislator, delayer
- usage: a legislator who gives long speeches in an effort to delay or obstruct legislation that he (or she) opposes
- 2. filibuster, delay, holdup
- usage: (law) a tactic for delaying or obstructing legislation by making long speeches
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. filibuster, obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass
- usage: obstruct deliberately by delaying
All rights reserved.
See also: filibuster (Dictionary)