WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fiber, fibre, material, stuff
- usage: a slender and greatly elongated substance capable of being spun into yarn
- 2. roughage, fiber, foodstuff, food product
- usage: coarse, indigestible plant food low in nutrients; its bulk stimulates intestinal peristalsis
- 3. fiber, fibre, cell
- usage: any of several elongated, threadlike cells (especially a muscle fiber or a nerve fiber)
- 4. character, fiber, fibre, trait
- usage: the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer
- 5. fiber, fibre, vulcanized fiber, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a leatherlike material made by compressing layers of paper or cloth
All rights reserved.
See also: fiber (Dictionary)