WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fennel, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any of several aromatic herbs having edible seeds and leaves and stems
- 2. fennel, Florence fennel, finocchio, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: aromatic bulbous stem base eaten cooked or raw in salads
- 3. fennel, common fennel, herb
- usage: leaves used for seasoning
- 4. fennel, spice
- usage: fennel seeds are ground and used as a spice or as an ingredient of a spice mixture
All rights reserved.
See also: fennel (Dictionary)