- 1. feminine, gender, grammatical gender
- usage: a gender that refers chiefly (but not exclusively) to females or to objects classified as female
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. feminine (vs. masculine), fair(prenominal), female, distaff, maidenlike, maidenly, powder-puff, female, feminine
- usage: associated with women and not with men; "feminine intuition"
- 2. feminine (vs. neuter) (vs. masculine), feminine
- usage: of grammatical gender
- 3. womanly (vs. unwomanly), feminine, matronly, womanlike
- usage: befitting or characteristic of a woman especially a mature woman; "womanly virtues of gentleness and compassion"
- 4. feminine, unstressed (vs. stressed)
- usage: (music or poetry) ending on an unaccented beat or syllable; "a feminine ending"
All rights reserved.
See also: feminine (Dictionary)