- 1. feather, join, conjoin
- usage: join tongue and groove, in carpentry
- 2. feather, cover
- usage: cover or fit with feathers
- 3. feather, square, paddle
- usage: turn the paddle; in canoeing
- 4. feather, square, row
- usage: turn the oar, while rowing
- 5. fledge, feather, grow, develop, produce, get, acquire
- usage: grow feathers; "The young sparrows are fledging already"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. feathery, feathered, plumy, adorned (vs. unadorned), decorated
- usage: adorned with feathers or plumes
- 2. feathered (vs. unfeathered), aftershafted, feathery, featherlike, feathery, fledged, vaned, flighted(postnominal), pennate, plumaged, plumate, plumed, plumose, plumed, plumy, plumelike, plumy, velvety-plumaged
- usage: having or covered with feathers; "our feathered friends"
All rights reserved.
See also: feathered (Dictionary)