Synonyms of fear
- 1. fear, fearfulness, fright, emotion
- usage: an emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight)
- 2. concern, care, fear, anxiety
- usage: an anxious feeling; "care had aged him"; "they hushed it up out of fear of public reaction"
- 3. fear, reverence, awe, veneration, emotion
- usage: a feeling of profound respect for someone or something; "the fear of God"; "the Chinese reverence for the dead"; "the French treat food with gentle reverence"; "his respect for the law bordered on veneration"
- 1. fear, worry
- usage: be afraid or feel anxious or apprehensive about a possible or probable situation or event; "I fear she might get aggressive"
- 2. fear, dread
- usage: be afraid or scared of; be frightened of; "I fear the winters in Moscow"; "We should not fear the Communists!"
- 3. fear, regret
- usage: be sorry; used to introduce an unpleasant statement; "I fear I won't make it to your wedding party"
- 4. fear
- usage: be uneasy or apprehensive about; "I fear the results of the final exams"
- 5. reverence, fear, revere, venerate, respect, esteem, value, prize, prise
- usage: regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of; "Fear God as your father"; "We venerate genius"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fear (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.