- 1. prefer, favor, favour, promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate
- usage: promote over another; "he favors his second daughter"
- 2. favor, favour, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: consider as the favorite; "The local team was favored"
- 3. favor, favour, spare, save
- usage: treat gently or carefully
- 4. privilege, favor, favour, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: bestow a privilege upon
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. favored, favorite(prenominal), favourite(prenominal), best-loved, pet, preferred, preferent, loved (vs. unloved)
- usage: preferred above all others and treated with partiality; "the favored child"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of favored (Dictionary)