- 1. Army for the Liberation of Rwanda, ALIR, Former Armed Forces, FAR, Interahamwe
- usage: a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again; "in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists"
- 1. far (vs. near), cold, distant, remote, distant, remote, removed, faraway, far-off, farther, farthermost, farthest, furthermost, furthest, utmost, uttermost, further, farther, off the beaten track(predicate), out-of-the-way(prenominal), outlying(prenominal)
- usage: located at a great distance in time or space or degree; "we come from a far country"; "far corners of the earth"; "the far future"; "a far journey"; "the far side of the road"; "far from the truth"; "far in the future"
- 2. far, long (vs. short)
- usage: being of a considerable distance or length; "a far trek"
- 3. far, right (vs. left)
- usage: being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle; "the horse on the right is the far horse"; "the right side is the far side of the horse"
- 4. far, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: beyond a norm in opinion or actions; "the far right"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. far
- usage: to a considerable degree; very much; "a far far better thing that I do"; "felt far worse than yesterday"; "eyes far too close together"
- 2. far
- usage: at or to or from a great distance in space; "he traveled far"; "strayed far from home"; "sat far away from each other"
- 3. far
- usage: at or to a certain point or degree; "I can only go so far before I have to give up"; "how far can we get with this kind of argument?"
- 4. far
- usage: remote in time; "if we could see far into the future"; "all that happened far in the past"
- 5. far
- usage: to an advanced stage or point; "a young man who will go very far"
All rights reserved.
See also: far (Dictionary)