- 1. fan, device
- usage: a device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces
- 2. sports fan, fan, rooter, enthusiast, partisan, partizan
- usage: an enthusiastic devotee of sports
- 3. fan, buff, devotee, lover, follower
- usage: an ardent follower and admirer
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fan, strike out
- usage: strike out (a batter), (of a pitcher)
- 2. fan, intensify, compound, heighten, deepen
- usage: make (an emotion) fiercer; "fan hatred"
- 3. fan, shake, agitate
- usage: agitate the air
- 4. winnow, fan, sift, sieve, strain
- usage: separate the chaff from by using air currents; "She stood there winnowing chaff all day in the field"
All rights reserved.
See also: fan (Dictionary)