Synonyms of fall apart
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fall apart, go to pieces, break down, lose it, snap
- usage: lose one's emotional or mental composure; "She fell apart when her only child died"
- 2. break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
- 3. crumble, fall apart, disintegrate
- usage: break or fall apart into fragments; "The cookies crumbled"; "The Sphinx is crumbling"
- 4. break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart, change integrity
- usage: become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
All rights reserved.