Synonyms of fading
- 1. attenuation, fading, weakening
- usage: weakening in force or intensity; "attenuation in the volume of the sound"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fade, melt, weaken
- usage: become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly; "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- 2. fade, wither, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
- 3. evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
- 4. languish, fade, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: become feeble; "The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"
All rights reserved.