Synonyms of faded
- 1. fade, melt, weaken
- usage: become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly; "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- 2. fade, wither, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
- 3. evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
- 4. languish, fade, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: become feeble; "The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bleached, faded, washed-out, washy, colorless (vs. colorful), colourless
- usage: having lost freshness or brilliance of color; "sun-bleached deck chairs"; "faded jeans"; "a very pale washed-out blue"; "washy colors"
- 2. attenuate, attenuated, faded, weakened, decreased (vs. increased), reduced
- usage: reduced in strength; "the faded tones of an old recording"
All rights reserved.