- 1. slice, fade, slicing, golf stroke, golf shot, swing
- usage: a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
- 2. fade, disappearance, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: gradually ceasing to be visible
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fade, melt, weaken
- usage: become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly; "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- 2. fade, wither, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
- 3. evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass, disappear, vanish, go away
- usage: disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
- 4. languish, fade, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: become feeble; "The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"
All rights reserved.
See also: fade (Dictionary)