WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. facultative
- usage: of or relating to the mental faculties
- 2. facultative (vs. obligate)
- usage: able to exist under more than one set of conditions; "a facultative parasite can exist as a parasite or a saprophyte"
- 3. facultative, enabling (vs. disabling)
- usage: granting a privilege or permission or power to do or not do something; "a facultative enactment"
- 4. facultative, optional (vs. obligatory)
- usage: not compulsory; "facultative courses in the sciences"
All rights reserved.
See also: facultative (Dictionary)