- 1. factorization, factorisation, factoring, resolution, resolving
- usage: (mathematics) the resolution of an entity into factors such that when multiplied together they give the original entity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. factor, factor in, factor out, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: resolve into factors; "a quantum computer can factor the number 15"
- 2. factor, lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring
- usage: be a contributing factor; "make things factor into a company's profitability"
- 3. factor, factor in, factor out, study, consider
- usage: consider as relevant when making a decision; "You must factor in the recent developments"
All rights reserved.
See also: factoring (Dictionary)