Synonyms of f
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. degree Fahrenheit, F, degree
- usage: a degree on the Fahrenheit scale of temperature
- 2. fluorine, F, atomic number 9, chemical element, element, gas, halogen
- usage: a nonmetallic univalent element belonging to the halogens; usually a yellow irritating toxic flammable gas; a powerful oxidizing agent; recovered from fluorite or cryolite or fluorapatite
- 3. farad, F, capacitance unit
- usage: the capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates
- 4. F, f, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 6th letter of the Roman alphabet
All rights reserved.
See also: f (Dictionary)