Synonyms of extreme
- 1. extreme, degree, grade, level
- usage: the furthest or highest degree of something; "he carried it to extremes"
- 2. extreme point, extreme, extremum, extremity
- usage: the point located farthest from the middle of something
- 1. extreme, utmost(prenominal), uttermost(prenominal), intense (vs. mild)
- usage: of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity; "extreme cold"; "extreme caution"; "extreme pleasure"; "utmost contempt"; "to the utmost degree"; "in the uttermost distress"
- 2. extreme, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: far beyond a norm in quantity or amount or degree; to an utmost degree; "an extreme example"; "extreme temperatures"; "extreme danger"
- 3. extreme, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: beyond a norm in views or actions; "an extreme conservative"; "an extreme liberal"; "extreme views on integration"; "extreme opinions"
- 4. extreme, distant (vs. close)
- usage: most distant in any direction; "the extreme edge of town"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of extreme (Dictionary)