WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extraction, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: the process of obtaining something from a mixture or compound by chemical or physical or mechanical means
- 2. origin, descent, extraction, ancestry, lineage, derivation, filiation
- usage: properties attributable to your ancestry; "he comes from good origins"
- 3. extraction, removal, remotion
- usage: the action of taking out something (especially using effort or force); "the dentist gave her a local anesthetic prior to the extraction"
All rights reserved.
See also: extraction (Dictionary)