WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extinction, inaction, inactivity, inactiveness
- usage: no longer active; extinguished; "the extinction of the volcano"
- 2. extinction, defunctness, death
- usage: no longer in existence; "the extinction of a species"
- 3. extinction, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: the reduction of the intensity of radiation as a consequence of absorption and radiation
- 4. extinction, extermination, annihilation, disintegration
- usage: complete annihilation; "they think a meteor cause the extinction of the dinosaurs"
- 5. extinction, experimental extinction, conditioning
- usage: a conditioning process in which the reinforcer is removed and a conditioned response becomes independent of the conditioned stimulus
- 6. extinction, extinguishing, quenching, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the act of extinguishing; causing to stop burning; "the extinction of the lights"
All rights reserved.
See also: extinction (Dictionary)