WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. extinct (vs. extant), nonextant, dead, nonexistent
- usage: no longer in existence; lost or especially having died out leaving no living representatives; "an extinct species of fish"; "an extinct royal family"; "extinct laws and customs"
- 2. extinct (vs. active), dead
- usage: (of e.g. volcanos) permanently inactive; "an extinct volcano"
- 3. extinct, out(predicate), dead (vs. live)
- usage: being out or having grown cold; "threw his extinct cigarette into the stream"; "the fire is out"
All rights reserved.
See also: extinct (Dictionary)