Synonyms of expressed
- 1. express, show, evince, convey
- usage: give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
- 2. express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise; "She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
- 3. carry, convey, express, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: serve as a means for expressing something; "The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
- 4. express, state, denote, refer
- usage: indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.; "Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
- 5. express, realize, realise, actualize, actualise, substantiate
- usage: manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait); "Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
- 6. press out, express, extract, get, acquire
- usage: obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action; "Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
- 7. express, mail, post, send
- usage: send by rapid transport or special messenger service; "She expressed the letter to Florida"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expressed, uttered, verbalized, verbalised, spoken (vs. written)
- usage: communicated in words; "frequently uttered sentiments"
- 2. explicit (vs. implicit), expressed, declared, stated, definitive, unequivocal, express, graphic, hard-core, hardcore, definite, denotative#1, denotive, overt#1, open, unequivocal#1, univocal#1, unambiguous
- usage: precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication; "explicit instructions"; "she made her wishes explicit"; "explicit sexual scenes"
All rights reserved.