WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exposition, expounding, interpretation
- usage: a systematic interpretation or explanation (usually written) of a specific topic
- 2. exhibition, exposition, expo, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of things (goods or works of art etc.) for public display
- 3. exposition, explanation, account
- usage: an account that sets forth the meaning or intent of a writing or discourse; "we would have understood the play better if there had been some initial exposition of the background"
- 4. exposition, section, subdivision
- usage: (music) the section of a movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes first occur
All rights reserved.
See also: exposition (Dictionary)