WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
- 2. exponent, intellectual, intellect
- usage: someone who expounds and interprets or explains
- 3. exponent, power, index, mathematical notation
- usage: a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
All rights reserved.
See also: exponent (Dictionary)