- 1. explosive, chemical, chemical substance
- usage: a chemical substance that undergoes a rapid chemical change (with the production of gas) on being heated or struck
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. explosive (vs. nonexplosive), detonative
- usage: serving to explode or characterized by explosion or sudden outburst; "an explosive device"; "explosive gas"; "explosive force"; "explosive violence"; "an explosive temper"
- 2. explosive, volatile, unstable (vs. stable)
- usage: liable to lead to sudden change or violence; "an explosive issue"; "a volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation"
- 3. explosive, sudden (vs. gradual)
- usage: sudden and loud; "an explosive laugh"
All rights reserved.
See also: explosive (Dictionary)