WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expel, throw out, kick out, move, displace
- usage: force to leave or move out; "He was expelled from his native country"
- 2. oust, throw out, drum out, boot out, kick out, expel, remove
- usage: remove from a position or office; "The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds"
- 3. rout, rout out, expel, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: cause to flee; "rout out the fighters from their caves"
- 4. exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"
All rights reserved.
See also: expel (Dictionary)