WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expedition, military expedition, hostile expedition, campaign, military campaign
- usage: a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country
- 2. expedition, working group, working party
- usage: an organized group of people undertaking a journey for a particular purpose; "an expedition was sent to explore Mars"
- 3. expedition, journey, journeying
- usage: a journey organized for a particular purpose
- 4. excursion, jaunt, outing, junket, pleasure trip, expedition, sashay, journey, journeying
- usage: a journey taken for pleasure; "many summer excursions to the shore"; "it was merely a pleasure trip"; "after cautious sashays into the field"
- 5. dispatch, despatch, expedition, expeditiousness, celerity, quickness, rapidity, rapidness, speediness
- usage: the property of being prompt and efficient; "it was done with dispatch"
All rights reserved.
See also: expedition (Dictionary)