WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expansive (vs. unexpansive), distensible, erectile, cavernous, expandable, expandible, expansible, inflatable
- usage: able or tending to expand or characterized by expansion; "Expansive materials"; "the expansive force of fire"
- 2. expansive, grand, heroic, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: of behavior that is impressive and ambitious in scale or scope; "an expansive lifestyle"; "in the grand manner"; "collecting on a grand scale"; "heroic undertakings"
- 3. expansive, euphoric (vs. dysphoric)
- usage: marked by exaggerated feelings of euphoria and delusions of grandeur
- 4. expansive, talkative, communicative (vs. uncommunicative), communicatory
- usage: friendly and open and willing to talk; "wine made the guest expansive"
All rights reserved.
See also: expansive (Dictionary)