WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. existent (vs. nonexistent), existing, active, alive(predicate), extant
- usage: having existence or being or actuality; "an attempt to refine the existent machinery to make it more efficient"; "much of the beluga caviar existing in the world is found in the Soviet Union and Iran"
- 2. real (vs. unreal), existent, actual, actual, factual, objective, documentary, historical, concrete, genuine#1, echt, realistic, sincere
- usage: being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory; "real objects"; "real people; not ghosts"; "a film based on real life"; "a real illness"; "real humility"; "Life is real! Life is earnest!"- Longfellow
- 3. actual (vs. potential), existent, effective
- usage: presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible; "the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"; "actual and imagined conditions"
All rights reserved.
See also: existent (Dictionary)