- 1. exile, expatriate, expat, absentee
- usage: a person who is voluntarily absent from home or country; "American expatriates"
- 2. exile, deportee, foreigner, alien, noncitizen, outlander
- usage: a person who is expelled from home or country by authority
- 3. exile, deportation, expatriation, transportation, banishment, proscription
- usage: the act of expelling a person from their native land; "men in exile dream of hope"; "his deportation to a penal colony"; "the expatriation of wealthy farmers"; "the sentence was one of transportation for life"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. expatriate, deport, exile, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: expel from a country; "The poet was exiled because he signed a letter protesting the government's actions"
All rights reserved.
See also: exile (Dictionary)