Synonyms of execute
- 1. execute, put to death, kill, punish, penalize, penalise
- usage: kill as a means of socially sanctioned punishment; "In some states, criminals are executed"
- 2. execute, murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump off, off, polish off, remove
- usage: murder in a planned fashion; "The Mafioso who collaborated with the police was executed"
- 3. carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, action, fulfill, fulfil, complete, finish, effect, effectuate, set up
- usage: put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
- 4. execute, enforce, implement, apply
- usage: carry out the legalities of; "execute a will or a deed"
- 5. run, execute, enforce, implement, apply
- usage: carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine; "Run the dishwasher"; "run a new program on the Mac"; "the computer executed the instruction"
- 6. perform, execute, do
- usage: carry out or perform an action; "John did the painting, the weeding, and he cleaned out the gutters"; "the skater executed a triple pirouette"; "she did a little dance"
- 7. execute, sign
- usage: sign in the presence of witnesses; "The President executed the treaty"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of execute (Dictionary)