WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exclude, except, leave out, leave off, omit, take out, extinguish, eliminate, get rid of, do away with
- usage: prevent from being included or considered or accepted; "The bad results were excluded from the report"; "Leave off the top piece"
- 2. exclude, keep out, shut out, shut, prevent, keep
- usage: prevent from entering; shut out; "The trees were shutting out all sunlight"; "This policy excludes people who have a criminal record from entering the country"
- 3. exclude, miss, lack
- usage: lack or fail to include; "The cost for the trip excludes food and beverages"
- 4. bar, debar, exclude, forbid, prohibit, interdict, proscribe, veto, disallow, nix
- usage: prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
- 5. eject, chuck out, exclude, turf out, boot out, turn out, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: put out or expel from a place; "The unruly student was excluded from the game"
All rights reserved.
See also: exclude (Dictionary)