WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exhilaration, excitement, joy, joyousness, joyfulness
- usage: the feeling of lively and cheerful joy; "he could hardly conceal his excitement when she agreed"
- 2. excitement, excitation, inflammation, fervor, fervour, emotional arousal
- usage: the state of being emotionally aroused and worked up; "his face was flushed with excitement and his hands trembled"; "he tried to calm those who were in a state of extreme inflammation"
- 3. excitation, excitement, arousal, rousing
- usage: something that agitates and arouses; "he looked forward to the excitements of the day"
- 4. agitation, excitement, turmoil, upheaval, hullabaloo, disturbance
- usage: disturbance usually in protest
All rights reserved.
See also: excitement (Dictionary)