Synonyms of excite
- 1. excite, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: arouse or elicit a feeling
- 2. stimulate, excite, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- 3. stimulate, excite, stir, sensitize, sensitise
- usage: stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
- 4. agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- 5. arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
- 6. stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
- 7. excite, energize, energise, change, alter, modify
- usage: raise to a higher energy level; "excite the atoms"
- 8. excite, change, alter, modify
- usage: produce a magnetic field in; "excite the neurons"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of excite (Dictionary)