WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. excitement, excitation, inflammation, fervor, fervour, emotional arousal
- usage: the state of being emotionally aroused and worked up; "his face was flushed with excitement and his hands trembled"; "he tried to calm those who were in a state of extreme inflammation"
- 2. excitation, innervation, irritation, arousal
- usage: the neural or electrical arousal of an organ or muscle or gland
- 3. excitation, excitement, arousal, rousing
- usage: something that agitates and arouses; "he looked forward to the excitements of the day"
All rights reserved.
See also: excitation (Dictionary)