WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deletion, excision, cut, editing, redaction
- usage: the omission that is made when an editorial change shortens a written passage; "an editor's deletions frequently upset young authors"; "both parties agreed on the excision of the proposed clause"
- 2. ablation, extirpation, cutting out, excision, operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process
- usage: surgical removal of a body part or tissue
- 3. excommunication, excision, banishment, proscription
- usage: the act of banishing a member of a church from the communion of believers and the privileges of the church; cutting a person off from a religious society
- 4. extirpation, excision, deracination, pull, pulling
- usage: the act of pulling up or out; uprooting; cutting off from existence
All rights reserved.
See also: excision (Dictionary)