- 1. exceed, transcend, surpass
- usage: be greater in scope or size than some standard; "Their loyalty exceeds their national bonds"
- 2. exceed, transcend, overstep, pass, go past, top, excel, stand out, surpass
- usage: be superior or better than some standard; "She exceeded our expectations"; "She topped her performance of last year"
- 3. surpass, outstrip, outmatch, outgo, exceed, outdo, surmount, outperform, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: be or do something to a greater degree; "her performance surpasses that of any other student I know"; "She outdoes all other athletes"; "This exceeds all my expectations"; "This car outperforms all others in its class"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exceeding, exceptional, olympian, prodigious, surpassing, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree; "a night of exceeding darkness"; "an exceptional memory"; "olympian efforts to save the city from bankruptcy"; "the young Mozart's prodigious talents"
All rights reserved.
See also: exceeding (Dictionary)