WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. examination, scrutiny, investigation, investigating
- usage: the act of examining something closely (as for mistakes)
- 2. examination, exam, test, communication, communicating
- usage: a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge; "when the test was stolen the professor had to make a new set of questions"
- 3. interrogation, examination, interrogatory, questioning, inquiring
- usage: formal systematic questioning
- 4. examen, examination, introspection, self-contemplation, self-examination
- usage: a detailed inspection of your conscience (as done daily by Jesuits)
- 5. examination, testing, investigation, investigating
- usage: the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
All rights reserved.
See also: examination (Dictionary)