- 1. overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyperbolise, magnify, amplify, misinform, mislead
- usage: to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth; "tended to romanticize and exaggerate this `gracious Old South' imagery"
- 2. overdo, exaggerate, make, do
- usage: do something to an excessive degree; "He overdid it last night when he did 100 pushups"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. exaggerated, overdone, overstated, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: represented as greater than is true or reasonable; "an exaggerated opinion of oneself"
- 2. exaggerated, magnified, enlarged, increased (vs. decreased)
- usage: enlarged to an abnormal degree; "thick lenses exaggerated the size of her eyes"
All rights reserved.
See also: exaggerated (Dictionary)